Holiday House Notte & Dì

Polignano a Mare from the sea
Polignano a Mare from the sea
Polignano a Mare, Apulia, Italy
Holiday House Notte & Dì
Home
3 bedrooms
6 guests
No min stay

Overview Description

Overview

Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 1
Sleeps: 6
Type: Home
No rental rates available - please contact the owner
Pets allowed: Yes
Internet: No
Description of the Polignano a Mare vacation home rental
House of the end of XIX sec, approximately 110 sqm, in the centre, a few metres from the town square Aldo Moro and the old town with the Cathedral, the lively Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II and the beautiful terraces overlooking the sea.
There is no need to use the car for the duration of stay (if not by choice) because everything is really within walking distance (restaurants, pubs, shops, beaches, etc.).

The interior has just been rearranged in a conservative way, saving the wonderful barrel and cruise in tuff, a feature typical of Puglia houses, leaving them partly view and partly whitewashed to give greater brightness environments

It is furnished and equipped to give ospitality up to 6 people.

Specifically the house consists of:
- a large entrance, with clothes-hook
- a kitchen, with refrigerator-freezer, gas cooker to 4 fires, electric oven, table and 4 chairs, fornitures
- a dining room, close to the kitchen, table and 6 chairs, console with TV and relax area with 2 places- sofa and small table;
- a matrimonial bedroom, with forged bed, wardrobe, forniture, bedside tables, clothes-tree and two built-in wardrobes;
- a second matrimonial bedroom composed of bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, drawers and mirror;
- a bedroom with double beds, bedside table, wardrobe;
- a living room with fireplace, table and 4 chairs;
- a bathroom, with services, mirror and mobile port towels.
The house is equipped with a small external chiostrina with barbecue and sink, where you can enjoy the cool evening.

vito caroen

Area Information
Polignano has an ancient history, held up backward to the Stone Age. The nature of karst land and ravines, which have always drilled his land, offered shelter to the people of time, as witnessed by the numerous traces they left in the caves from the stone splintered.

His foundation, built by Dionysius II of Syracuse, dating from the fourth century BC. Since ancient times, Polignano was a thriving center of trade mainly due to the proximity of Via Trajan, which connected Brindisi in Rome and the presence of several calls natural, which made the point of embarkation for the East.
Going around the city centre will see the few remains of ancient medieval walls, which surrounded the village, reinforced by four towers. The boundaries of medieval citadel are marked by the creek of the old port where natural leads the Monachile Lama, and path connecting via Rome to the central square Garibaldi. Here are the ancient palace Marchesale, and the so-called Arco della Porta, which opens access to feature Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II. The square retains a genuine rarity: a clock public ropes of the nineteenth century.

Varcato the Arch Marchesale, on the left there is the Palazzo Pino Pascali, place of cultural and artistic encounter, and the baroque Church of Purgatory, built on the site of the chapel of San Martíno, place of burial of those who, for various reasons, not could be welcomed in churches.

Taking the nearby street Judea, which formerly housed the Jewish ghetto polignanese, you arrive at Church Matrix dedicated to Assunta. Built in 1295, the church, Renaissance and Baroque style keeps inside a wooden pulpit inlaid dating back to the sixteenth century, a beautiful baptismal font of 1776 and an extraordinary choir wooden enriched by paintings of great value, including a splendid stands out polyptych by Bartolomeo Vivarini. The other great ancient village square of San Benedetto is derived from demolition of the Benedictine monastery in 1932.

Finally, the historic centre, offers its visitors for sorprise them with its oriental features, roads closed between white houses, arches, stairways and delicate external loggias.


The Churches
The artistic heritage is found mainly in churches, beginning with that of Santa Maria Assunta. Located in the heart of the historic center, keeps valuable works limestone of Stefano from Putignano. The most significant is the Presepe, kept in the chapel built by the family of Buonospirito in 1503. Declared a national monument, was depicted on a stamp issued by Zecca dello Stato. Of great honour are also the Pieta and the Madonna and Child, located respectively on the left and right of majeure.

Inside the church, you can also admire the Pulpit (XVI.), The choir with wooden images of the Saints (XVII century). The monumental pipe organ (XVIII century). In the sacristy, there are paintings of the XVII and XVIII, the Legend of Martyrdom of San Vito, the Polyptych by Bartolomeo Vivarini (XV century), and the wooden statues of the Immacolata, San Benedict and St. Bernard, old vestments and a letter of St. Alphonsus Maria dé Liguori, from the Monastery of St. Benedict.

La chiesa di Sant'Antonio, The church of St. Anthony In the long seat of a convent of Fathers Minor Observant, was built at the end of 1500 and dedicated to Saint Mary of Constantinople. Keep the choir of 1768 and some canvases of honour (XVII century)

La chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damíano, The Church of Saints Cosmas and Damíano (late XIX century)

Built on a previous church, guards inside, in addition to statues of saints Medici, also two sculptures created by Stefano from Putignano: San Rocco and San Sebastian, who, like a beautiful baroque altar in marble come from the monastery of St. Benedict.

Abbazia di San Vito. San Vito's abbey. The site was already known at the time of the Romans, who built a port, following a shipwreck by the great leader Caio Mario, from whose name was identified as Mariano Porto. So was built a pagan temple in thanksgiving of escaped danger. In the following centuries with the transfer of relic of St. Vito and his precettori Modesto and Crescenza in 900 AD became the seat of the Basilica dedicated to the saint. Following the fall of Swabians, the basilica was destroyed by the Ottomans at the end of 1300. It was rebuilt a century later by the Venetians, as a fortification to defend the port. Subsequently expelled from the feudal lord of the time, providing the silting. It was then the subject of donation, the SS Apostles (Benedictine order) that in 1700 it gave the current configuration, into an Abbey.
Puglia is a land rich in traditions and the board decided flavors of the sea blend with the delicate smells of the fertile countryside.
In gastronomy polignanese certainly dominates' other fish reef, which keeps intact, even after cooking, the scent of our beautiful sea. Octopus and blue fish, seafood and shellfish together to make a living in our land.
From February begins the season where you can taste the sea urchins, good if accompanied with a typical hot focaccia polignanese along the beautiful port of San Vito.

Because of its geographical position Polignano allows you to easily visit the whole of south-east Bari. Walking through the sliding highway 16 in the direction of Bari, after passing San Vito, San Giovanni (with its beach facilities) and Cozze, we meet Mola, seafaring city with an interesting tourist port and a fair number of vessels, one of its most significant is the beautiful Castello Angioino.

Following the provincial road 121, crossing the fertile campaign Macchialunga and Torri, you reach Conversano, the ancient Norba, the center of history and culture, with an imposing Norman Castle. On highway 634 just after Conversano there are Rutigliano, home of terracotta whistle and Noicattaro, production centre for fine table grapes.

Along the provincial road 120, after passing Casello Cavuzzí, Torre Catena and Tríggianello, there Castellana, known for its beautiful karst caves. Shortly beyond, Putignano, craft center, the country with the longest Carnival in Italia which starts on December 26.

Continuing along the Highway 172 you reach Alberobello, unique in its architecture dominated by the characteristic Trullí recognised heritage of UNESCO and Locorotondo, who has argued on the market its wine production. Still further, reached the highest step of Murgia to Taranto, here's Martina Franca, flourishing and Baroque town, home of the Festival of Valle d'Itria.

From Polignano, along the Highway 16 toward Brindisi, after Pozzo Vivo and Torre Incína, we meet Monopoli, a town populated by thriving mercantile economy, port significant since the time of Byzantine and Norman. Continuing along the coast, meets appreciated the archaeological area of Egnazia. Further, after the navy of Savelletri, along the Provincial Road inwards reach Fasano, suspended between the sea and the hill: a few kilometres of beautiful scenic road leading to Selva, fresh residential area surrounded by greenery, a short distance from Zoo Safari and Fantasylandia.

Continuing on Highway 16 in the direction of Brindisi, we expect Ostuni, the white city, locaterd on a hill.

If you stay in Polignano and wants to broaden the horizon a bit, tourist can visit other cultural treasures of beautiful land of Puglia. Among the many, just to mention a few, include:

- Trani, known for its Romanesque cathedral, one of the most evocative of Italy;
Andria, with his Castel del Monte, included in the historical and artistic heritage of UNESCO.

- Ruvo, with its cathedral full of excavations and findings interesting and beautiful Jatta Museum;
Matera, with Sassi (heritage of 'Unesco)

- Bari that, just 30 kilometers, is for Polignanesi leaping into the frenzy of the contemporary city: with the myriad problems of cities but with awareness of the many socio-cultural opportunities they can offer.

About the owner

Owner Profile

Rates

Rates

Please inquire about the rates.
Page Views This month: 0 This year: 2 Since listed: 306