Lakeside (Housekeeping) Cabins
From $85 / night
Pets allowed: Yes
There is lots to see and do at Portage Lakeside Cabins. We offer rustic yet cozy cabin comfort. Come and relax and consider our cabins your home away from home. Enjoy the tranquility and simplicity of the way life used to be. All our cabins are well spaced around a new modern bathhouse. We have over 400 feet of lakeshore for all season entertainment.
Guests can enjoy swimming, boating, fishing sunbathing, etc. in the warmer weather and then snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and ice fishing when the lake freezes. We can keep the avid hunter busy with bear hunting in September, moose hunting in October and deer hunting in November. And let's not forget to mention the fish and bird seasons!
This is a great place for your family reunion, class reunion, wedding/reception or vacation adventure!
All you need to bring with you is your clothes, some food and the desire to have a wonderful adventure at Portage Lakeside Cabins - in a secluded escape for those seeking an authentic Maine experience - whether hunting, fishing, winter fun, or a family vacation.
There's something here for everyone and every season.
- A public beach is just a short distance away which also has a new playground area.
- Coffins General Store offers snacks, groceries, gas, ATM machine, etc.
- Dean's Motor Lodge in Portage and Four Seasons Inn & Restaurant in Ashland offers dining enjoyment and frequent Saturday night dances with live entertainment.
- Nature walks through local woodlands makes for a pleasant break.
- A climb up Haystack Mountain and Hedgehog Mountain are only a short drive away. Many of the surrounding towns offer special summer days with lots of special activities for everyone to enjoy.
- You can often seek out a church supper to fill your stomach and a chance to meet some local color.
- Horseback riding and carriage rides are located a few miles from town.
- You can also hire a seaplane for a birds eye view of the lake.
- Winter provides weekend snowmobile rides with the local snowmobile clubs.
- Many Maine Guides are available to help with your fall hunt.
- We have local taxidermist that will be happy to mount your catch for you.
- The Town Recreation Center has a weight room, library, Tuesday night co-ed volleyball, tennis courts, basketball hoops, and a new playground and walking trail. The town pavilion offers summer entertainment and may also be rented for private use.
- Don't forget a trip to Quebec City. Located only 3 hours away from Fort Kent, explore all of the sights of a major city with the added charm of European styling. Be sure to visit the Chateau Frontenac and the Plains of Abraham, two of many must-see sites.
- King's Landing
- Botanical Gardens In Edmundston
Mount Katahdin in Baxter State Park is one hour south.
Throughout the entire year, Portage Lake offers a wide variety of outdoor endeavors for the discriminating traveler. Whether it is golf, a canoe trip, whitewater rafting during the summer, hunting or hiking during the fall, or snowmobiling or skiing during the winter, there is always something to do at Portage Lakeside Cabins.
We are located at the edge of the Great North Maine Woods and can easily be accessed from Route 11. We serve hunters, fishermen, hikers, bird watchers, canoeists, kayakers, families and those seeking a relaxing, friendly atmosphere reminiscent of the past.
|May 21 2015||May 20 2017||$85||-||$600||-||3 Nights|
|Check In: 2 p.m. Check Out: 10 a.m.|
|Lodging tax: 8%|
|Deposits: $100 per reservation|
|Payment Options: Personal Check|
|Other Fees: PET FEE: $35 per pet per week.|
Reviews for this vacation cabin rental in Portage Lake, Maine
Moose Camp is wonderful
best vacation ever
fort fairfield, maine
best vacation ever
August 17, 2015
We had a great week at portage lakeside cabins. There was lots to do, they had kyaks and canoes to use, we relaxed on the porch and at the end of the dock, we loved the rustic cabin and loved reading the names and dates of people who stayed before. The bathhouse was always clean and accessible. My husband and I are planning a getaway weekend there without the children soon. Our grown children had a wonderful, relaxing time. Laura, the owner said that sometimes parents rent one cabin and another for their grown children, that may be an option for us next time. We are already planning our vacation there for next summer. Fun, fun, fun.