- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $209 - $582
- Per week:
- $622 - $2087
Description from manager
Three bedrooms accommodate up to seven people in this stunning, Grade II listed farmhouse set in spectacular countryside surroundings.This lovely grade II listed farmhouse is a stone-built detached building, set on the side of Wild Boar Fell. With breathtaking views of the Howgills and the surrounding countryside, the property was constructed in the early 1600s and as is equipped to a high standard with antique furniture and many original features. The farmhouse kitchen is impressive and boasts low beams, stone flooring and a cosy wood-burning stove. The spacious lounge offers an open fire to provide guests with a warm, comfortable holiday cottage in a stunning, tranquil setting. With so much to see and do in the surrounding area, visitors will be spoiled for choice.
Amenities: Electric storage heaters with woodburner and open fire
* Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, small TV for DVDs only, DVD's, selection of books and games, WiFi, , good mobile phone signal
* Electricity and starter pack for fires inc. in rent,
* Bed linen and towels - due to covid 19 these are not included in the rent, please bring your own (the double bed has a King sized duvet - we will provide the bottom sheet for this as it is a 6x6ft bed.
* Cot and highchair on request
* Off road parking for 4 cars
* Garden with patio and furniture
* Storage area for bikes/hiking gear
* Sorry, no smoking
* Two well-behaved dogs welcome
* Shop 6 miles, pub 3 miles
* Note: No TV channels
* Note: 17th century property narrow stone stairs .Note: Water supplied from Bore hole; safe for washing bring own drinking water
* Note: Cottage accessed via 500 yard long farm track, through two gates and across a muddy farmyard - access difficult in very snowy/icy/wet conditions - have your wellies to hand on arrival!
Please note, due to the rural location of this property, should you decide to take dogs with you, please be mindful that livestock can be located in fields next to the cottage and dogs must be kept under control at all times.
Region: Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Town: Set at the foot of the Howgill Fells is the tranquil village of Ravenstonedale, situated between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. This rural village is a thriving local community and still retains many of its traditional buildings including a Parish church and the remains of an old Gilbertine Priory. Hill farming remains the primary source of income throughout the area and an agricultural show is still held once a year. The area offers many walking and cycling trails through outstanding countryside, whilst the village itself was once described by the famous author, A. Wainwright, as one of Westmorland's loveliest villages. Visitors can enjoy the Settle to Carlisle Railway Line or the magnificent Howgill Fells in addition to the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District National Parks.
Read more Read less
Sykes Holiday Cottages
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
About the manager
Sykes Holiday Cottages are specialists in cottage holidays. On our website, you will find more than 17,000 cottages across the UK that you can be rent for your perfect self catering holiday. Sykes Holiday Cottages offer properties all over the UK and Ireland. For more information on Sykes Holiday Co...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this managerKINGS HILL VIEW, hot tub, en-suites, near Shepton Mallet Pilton United Kingdom From $337.27/night THE OLD FARMHOUSE, farmhouse with spectacular sea views, Pendeen Pendeen United Kingdom From $196.96/night Top Floor, Gweal-an-Drea, Mullion Mullion United Kingdom From $144.35/night More properties from this manager
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed Twin bed
Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Parking Included
- Pet Friendly
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Washing machine
- 2 Showers
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Ravenstonedale, United Kingdom Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (19)
– based on 19 reviews