- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $292 - $478
- Per week:
- $2043 - $3343
3 Full baths
Description from manager
- The EUROP ASSISTANCE INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE.
- The EMMA VILLAS STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday.
- EMMA VILLAS IS AN ITALIAN INCOMING TOUR OPERATOR: BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location.
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY.
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards presented on our website.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES.
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Villa Caterina, a rustic stone farmhouse, is located in one of the most beautiful landscapes that nature has to offer in the territory of Siena, nestled in the beautiful setting of green expanses cultivated with vineyards and olives, in the heart of the Val d'Elsa, between Siena and Florence, and just 5 minutes from the historical centre of the famous little town of San Gimignano. Originally a farmhouse, with the ground floor used as a shed and shelter for animals, the house was subsequently enlarged and renovated in respect of the original plan and in keeping with the exquisitely Tuscan architectural tradition, where wood and terracotta are the main features of all the rooms, rendered intimate and cosy by the antique family furniture and by details evoking the rural history and local traditions. Located on a hillside, the garden and the swimming pool look out over a superb view, starting from the flourishing garden, that stretches uninterruptedly toward the rolling expanses that unfold below and then, finally, up to the soaring towers, symbol of a proud town protected by strong walls, witnesses to a history of more than a thousand years: a true masterpiece, magnificently painted by the brush of nature and by the genius of man, in which the harmony of shapes and colours create a perfect synthesis.
Security deposit 500.00 €
The house has two floors. As well as the internal staircase there is also an external one next to the main entrance on the ground floor which opens into a large open-plan space - with living/dining area and fully-equipped kitchen with barbecue fireplace; the living room French window has direct access to the pergola, set up for outdoor dining. The floor is completed by a guest bathroom/laundry room. The internal terracotta staircase leads up to the first floor with a brightly-lit studio with reading corner, connected, on the right, to a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower and, on the left, to a twin bedroom (with joinable beds) and a double bedroom, sharing a bathroom with shower.
The property covers an area of about 10,000 square meters, most of which is taken up by the olive grove surrounding the park. Once past the entrance gate, a row of oleanders accompanies guests in the lush and overflowing garden around the house, which includes a large assortment of plants and flowers, gathered in a profusion of unequalled colours and scents: pines, olives, cypresses and fruit trees dot the lawns which alternate with stone-paved paths and bushes of roses and Mediterranean herbs, delineating the set-up areas. Fragrant climbing plants, lemons and beds of geraniums adorn every corner of the garden, inviting you to spend your day in the open air: the pergola (in front of the living/dining room), covered in trumpet vines, Virginia creeper and wisteria, is the ideal setting in which to savour the culinary delicacies of Tuscany, and the veranda in front of the house, shaded by climbing Virginia creeper, is perfect for relaxing and enjoying a good glass of wine. Finally, in some of the more scenic spots, seats and benches have been set up so that you can contemplate the beautiful hilly landscape.
Open from the last Saturday in April to the first Saturday in October, the south-facing pool stands in a super panoramic site, in a beautiful corner of the property which offers a magical and unforgettable view over the gentle hills and borgo of San Gimignano. The pool is just 10 m from the house, set in the beautiful, colourful garden that borders the sunbathing area, provided with sunbeds and umbrella. The rectangular pool has a large step and a ladder for access to the water; it measures 8 x 4 m with a constant depth of 1.50 m. The border is in travertine marble, while the inner lining is in light-coloured PVC. The pool is purified with chlorine and has an outdoor, cold-water shower; there is lighting both inside the pool and in the surrounding area.
Read more Read less
About the area
Emma Villas S.r.l.
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian
About the manager
We are an Italian Incoming Tour Operator, working in the prestigious villa weekly rental sector in many areas of Italy. Our philosophy A little less than a decade has passed since we began our business to which we have consistently devoted passion, dedication and immense effort, paid back in full b...View manager's full profile
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- To be covered by Payment Protection this rental needs to be paid for online through Vacation Home Rentals using your credit/debit card or PayPal. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- Please contact the owner
- High Speed Internet
- Wi-Fi available
- DVD player
- High chair
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- 3 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in San Gimignano, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (1)
– based on 1 review