- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $1450 - $1450
- Per week:
- $10000 - $10000
3 Full baths, 1 Half bath
Description from owner
Southwesterly ocean breezes flow over this HISTORIC family estate built in the 1930?s by Mr. & Mrs. John Peale Bishop, a classmate and best friends at Princeton of F. Scott Fitzgerald and himself a famous writer and poet. The Gatsby sits on 1.3 acres in Chatham overlooking Nantucket Sound.
This family estate is great for games and ocean views of Nantucket Sound awaits your family reunion, vacation, golf, rehearsal dinner, Ladies weekend getaway, Or just a big chill weekend!
* 9 bedrooms - Washer, Dryer, Gas Grill
* 4 baths / 2 outdoor showers
* double fire placed living room with French doors leading to a 28 foot veranda with sparkling water views
* Two Refrigerators, Butler's Pantry
* Large dining room kitchen fully applianced
* On Private Sea Change Lane overlooking Nantucket Sound for as far as the eye can see!!, no traffic
* Outside , first floor off living room Large veranda overlooking salt marshes full of birds,,Offsprey and sweeping green lawns where the games are played!!
* 2 decks overlooking salt marshes & the ocean, lawns great for games
* Ocean views of Nantucket sound and a shop skip and jump to the sandy beach
FREE PARKING!!! Forrest Beach South Chatham,,, walk to Tennis.
This Beautiful home is available for rental all year round, weeks & long weekends!
~ SAND IN YOUR SHOES, WIND IN YOUR HAIR, AND SUNSHINE ON YOUR SHOULDERS ~
CALL Joan Forger for more information or booking
Beds: 1 King Bed, 2 Queen Beds, 1 Double Bed, 11 Twin Beds
Read more Read less
About the area
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
- Check in time: 15:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Bedroom 1: Twin bed
Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds
Bedroom 3: King bed
Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Bedroom 5: Queen Bed
Bedroom 6: Queen Bed
Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds
Bedroom 8: 2 Twin beds
Bedroom 9: 4 Twin beds
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- High Speed Internet
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Sea view
- Wheelchair users
- Wi-Fi available
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Fax machine
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Water sports
- 3 Full baths
- 1 Half bath
Reviews for this vacation home rental in South Chatham, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (2)
– based on 2 reviews
“Tribute & fond memories”
This house was perfect for our needs. We needed a place which felt like our home at the Cape for so many summers. We had to all be under one roof, sharing stories, memories, laughs & tears. We came to the Cape to sprinkle my husband's ashes at sea. The house is large, spacious and clean! The furnishings served their purpose and the fireplace made for the perfect atmosphere. I was able to prepare a sit down dinner for 20, plenty of pots, etc. The two refrigerators made prepping and serving very easy. Tara cleaned the house prior to our arrival and Carver, her spouse and the Caretaker took care that our every need was met. Every member of my family was thrilled to have been able to spend the weekend at such a warm home for dad's final sendoff. The home owner introduced me to the Stage Harbor Marina and I was met by the kindest, gentlest man you'd hope to meet. On Sunday we returned to NY with a feeling of peace and the wonderful Gatsby made it possible, Thank you!
Owner's reply: Thank you , may we serve you again In the near future ? Best regards, John and Joan Forger 781 828 2809 Ourgreatgatsby.com Ourgreatgatsbycapecod.com
Great Gatsby was everything we expected and more. The house was spectacular and the view/location outstanding. We were in Chatham for a family wedding. The house was perfect for guests and we even had a clambake one evening. The owners were awesome and they guided us through the entire re natal experience. They even had a lovely welcome gift. They have a caretaker available 24 hours and he was responsive to our every need. Fantastic home and superb wedding.
Owner's reply: Thank you for staying at Gatsby ! It’s time for another get a way ,, we look forward to serving you in the near future ! Best regards, 781 828 2809 JOHN and Joan Forger Ourgreatgatsby.com Ourgreatgatsbycapecod.com