- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $573 - $573
3 Full baths
Description from owner
June rentals, Friday to Friday. July and August rentals Saturday to Saturday. Other months, flexible turnover dates.
Built in 2009, 2300 square foot, two story home with mature trees and balconies. Perfect for a large family, two families or an extended family vacation. Our guests tell us that this is the nicest home near the beach in this price range... they love the new, clean open feel of our home. Summer weeks fill quickly... great fall getaway as well.
While the maps will show you that we are one block off the water, the closest public access is a 4 block, 8-10 minute walk to the Blue Stairs / Kids Korner Park. (Please see last paragraph for more info on this beach access.) Nice quiet tree lined street with great neighbors. There’s a fire pit for evening family gatherings, Wi-Fi, cable TV, flat screen TVs, gourmet kitchen, big dining area, four decks/balconies, large yard, relaxing decor and more. The house is made for relaxing, lots of windows and light, with a private balcony off the master bath, a front balcony, plus front and rear ground floor decks - 4 individual decks in all!
New hardwood floors in the main level living area... the floor plan is open with a large front living room, as well as a den opening up to the kitchen and dining room. Sleeping arrangements are queen bed in master bedroom, queen in hall bedroom, and bunks in both front bedrooms. The bunks are twin over full with a trundle, so up to 4 can sleep in each bedroom. In addition, there is a queen sleeper-sofa downstairs.
Other bonuses include the gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, first floor 9 foot ceilings, crown molding throughout, whirlpool tub in the master bath, 4 TVs with cable, and two pairs of a front loading washer/dryer combo. (Yes 2! You won’t be spending your vacation waiting for laundry.) There is also a unfinished basement with a foosball table and a combo air hockey/mini-ping pong/pool table. DVDs, kids videos, and games are available as well.
Ready for your large group family: We understand rentals with large families and friends. Have you rented and found out that they barely have enough places to sit for dinner, or not enough dishes? We understand this as we have a big family with lots of friends; our home is comfortable for a large group with plenty of dishes and utensils. We also stock our home with the basics to get you started. No running to the store when you get there... you just need to add food and people to have a great time.
About the bed setup... there are 4 bedrooms. We have set up our home to accommodate extended families. There are two bedrooms with queen beds,so with two couples, these two bedrooms sleep 4 people. There are also two identical front bedrooms, with a twin over full bunk, plus a trundle. This allows for a couple on the full, and one child in the top bunk and one in the pull out trundle Each of these two bedrooms sleeps 4. This provides for a total of 12 people. Last, there is a pullout sofa in the front living room, which can sleep 1-2 people. From a sleeping perspective we think that our home works best with 3-4 couples and lots of kids.
Towels and linens are included. We also have some beach towels and camp chairs available. For weekly rentals, check-in is 4:00 PM Saturday and check-out is by 10 am the following Saturday.
*** New to South Haven? Here's a little South Haven info as you look for the right place for your family.
- Often we get the question, what is the 'Blue Stairs'? South Haven is divided into two sections, North Beach and South Beach, split by the Black River. South Beach has easier access to the downtown area. Our home is about a mile south of town. There are two main beach access points on the South Beach side: 'The Blue Stairs' and the pier. The Blue Stairs are 36 solid, large, (concrete/steel) steps to the beach area. It is right by the popular Kids Korner park. Our home is just slightly less than half a mile away. We usually just walk, but if we are carrying a lot of stuff, i.e. kids stuff, one person may drive with all the stuff, (about a 2 minute drive), and people walk home as they are tired... last person drives home. Other guests tell me that they never drive to the beach, so it is just what you prefer. If you have someone that has a physical challenge, the Blue Stairs may be a little tough, not because of the stairs, but rather walking through the fine sand at the end of the day from the beach to the stairs.
- In addition, there is parking by the pier ($7/day or $15/week), and there is a beach boardwalk that facilitates walking through the sand. (South Haven has done a great job catering to the physically challenged, even providing bleachers to sit on.) There's also kids play equipment at this location.
- We use the Blue Stairs for our access... we have family members which include toddlers to blind to physically challenged to healthy, however given the number of questions we have received on this subject, we thought it might be helpful to provide a little background and alternatives. There are great beaches on the North Beach side... occasionally we will drive over there for a change of pace, but not often. We think the Blue Stairs access point is the best, as it is wide beach with plenty of room even on crowded days.
- We hope this explanation helps a bit... we hope you find the right place for your family and friends!
Beds: 2 Queen Beds, 2 Double Beds, 4 Twin Beds, 1 Sofa Bed
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This rental can only be paid for online through Vacation Home Rentals using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
Damage deposit: $500.00
- No smoking at this property
- Air conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Parking Included
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- Washing machine
- 3 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in South Haven, United States Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.