Houston Apartments & Homes - 0 Rentals Available
0 Vacation rentals
Sorry we couldn't find any results under your particular search criteria. Please edit your filters.
Houston Travel Tips
Neighborhoods and Other Areas of Note
- Theater: Don't miss the Main Street Theater or the Express Children's Theater for performances dedicated to the young and the young at heart.
- Museums: If you're looking for 90,000 square feet of hands-on, educational fun, look no further than the Children's Museum of Houston, featuring Kidtropolis. The Museum of Fine Arts features weekly programs designed to let kids and parents explore together. For a really unforgettable experience, teens 14 years and older can experience the Level Nine Tour at Space Center Houston. There's plenty of fun for younger kids as well, and NASA's Johnson Space Center is nearby, too!
- Amusements: SplashTown is 40 acres worth of water park family fun and a great place to cool off! Alternately, you can head to Galveston's Schlitterbahn water park, featuring climate-controlled areas for splashing fun no matter the weather. Hermann Park is a Nickelodeon Parents' Pick Award winner for a great place to spend a relaxing day, and the Houston Zoo's Natural Encounters helped make it into the top ten zoos in the nation.
- In March, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo runs for three weeks. A tradition since 1932, the event has become an extravaganza of competitions and concerts.
- April brings the Houston Children's Festival, filling downtown with entertainment stages, adventure areas, and hundreds of games.
- The Houston International Jazz Festival convenes in downtown for the first week in August. If theater is what you prefer, there's also the Houston Shakespeare Festival.
- The Wings Over Houston Airshow is exhilarating, taking over Ellington Field in October.
ClimateHouston weather can be brutal in the summer - hot and humid (high temps range from the 90s up to the 100s and humidity up to 100%)! Unless you are a hot weather junkie, your best bet is to avoid May through September. Summer is as long in Houston as winter is long in New England! If you live in a cold climate, take a break by visiting Houston in the winter and break out your sandals! The seasons really blur together, as it is a very warm climate all year long. The good news is snow is a rare occurance! Thunder storms roll in and out of town within a matter of minutes, so don't despair if your parade gets rained on!
FoodWith a lineup of almost 8000 restaurants in the Houston area listed on TripAdvisor, you won't go hungry. You'll find all types of food here, but with particular attention towards high-quality BBQ and Tex-Mex cuisine. Of course, this is cattle country and you can get Grade A steak from any number of restaurants in the area.
What is Travelers’ Choice award?
Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.