Houston Apartments & Homes - 4 Rentals Available
Payment ProtectionTo book this vacation rental you need to pay through the Vacation Home Rentals website. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us. Learn more
4 Vacation rentals near Houston
Distance calculated in a straight line, road distances may differ. Confirm exact location with the property owner/manager.
Your search has been expanded 30.1 miles to include more rentals
Houston Travel Tips
In the great state of Texas, few cities are akin to Houston. It's not only thriving, but it's becoming a center for culture, food, and, according to Forbes, "being cool." Such a claim might just make any family trip to Houston cool by default. Starting with Houston vacation rentals by owner will ensure your trip is unique. Rental homes in Houston, TX, can set the tone for your whole vacation, whether you're looking for the comforts of home or a resort experience. Browse Houston rentals online today to get the ball rolling!
Neighborhoods and Other Areas of Note
As a bustling near-coastal city, there are Houston rental homes and neighborhoods aplenty - not taking into account the Gulf Coast, which is only a short ride away. For instance, Galveston Isle, to the south of Houston, is popular for its wildlife preserves and the rides and restaurants of Historic Pleasure Pier. When picking Houston rentals, knowing what you want will help you find an optimal location.
Downtown might seem like it is all business, but the Rockets and the Astros call it home. Houston Heights hosts the First Saturday Arts Market, featuring artwork, crafts, and live music. The Museum District is a sprawling, pedestrian-friendly neighborhood featuring 18 major institutions, including the Children's Museum of Houston. Uptown is a shopping paradise with food to match, and inside the Uptown Galleria, there's an ice rink the kids can enjoy. The right Houston house rentals will put you right in the middle of where you want to be.
Of course, it isn't enough to have the right neighborhoods and house rentals - Houston isn't called cool for that. There's so much to do and see that you'll want to pick other Houston home rentals just to get to everything. Be sure to get a Houston CityPass for extra savings! Here are our highlights:
- Theater: Don't miss the Main Street Theater or the Express Children's Theater for performances dedicated to the young and the young at heart.
- Museums: If you're looking for 90,000 square feet of hands-on, educational fun, look no further than the Children's Museum of Houston, featuring Kidtropolis. The Museum of Fine Arts features weekly programs designed to let kids and parents explore together. For a really unforgettable experience, teens 14 years and older can experience the Level Nine Tour at Space Center Houston. There's plenty of fun for younger kids as well, and NASA's Johnson Space Center is nearby, too!
- Amusements: SplashTown is 40 acres worth of water park family fun and a great place to cool off! Alternately, you can head to Galveston's Schlitterbahn water park, featuring climate-controlled areas for splashing fun no matter the weather. Hermann Park is a Nickelodeon Parents' Pick Award winner for a great place to spend a relaxing day, and the Houston Zoo's Natural Encounters helped make it into the top ten zoos in the nation.
For families with a strict budget choosing vacation rentals, Houston has plenty of free family fun as well: The 12-acre Discovery Green Park has live performances at its natural amphitheater.
The city always has something amazing going on, but there are a few annual events that anyone choosing rental homes in Houston, TX, shouldn't miss.
- In March, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo runs for three weeks. A tradition since 1932, the event has become an extravaganza of competitions and concerts.
- April brings the Houston Children's Festival, filling downtown with entertainment stages, adventure areas, and hundreds of games.
- The Houston International Jazz Festival convenes in downtown for the first week in August. If theater is what you prefer, there's also the Houston Shakespeare Festival.
- The Wings Over Houston Airshow is exhilarating, taking over Ellington Field in October.
ClimateHouston weather can be brutal in the summer - hot and humid (high temps range from the 90s up to the 100s and humidity up to 100%)! Unless you are a hot weather junkie, your best bet is to avoid May through September. Summer is as long in Houston as winter is long in New England! If you live in a cold climate, take a break by visiting Houston in the winter and break out your sandals! The seasons really blur together, as it is a very warm climate all year long. The good news is snow is a rare occurance! Thunder storms roll in and out of town within a matter of minutes, so don't despair if your parade gets rained on!
FoodWith a lineup of almost 8000 restaurants in the Houston area listed on TripAdvisor, you won't go hungry. You'll find all types of food here, but with particular attention towards high-quality BBQ and Tex-Mex cuisine. Of course, this is cattle country and you can get Grade A steak from any number of restaurants in the area.
Any time of year, whatever vacation your family is looking for, rental houses in Houston, TX, will make you feel right at home.
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the price - it varies depending on when you stay and how long for.
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay.
This is the total cost of the stay for the dates and number of guests that you entered.
This price is an estimate based on the latest rate information available to us. Contact the advertiser to ask for the exact price, including any additional fees.
Rates for this rental are unknown, please contact the homeowner to confirm the rate.
What is Certificate of Excellence?
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.