Central Vermont Vacation Rentals & Homes - 1 Rentals Available
1 Vacation rentals
- 3 bedrooms 3
- 2 bathrooms
- sleeps 11 11
- min stay varies
- Child friendly
- Air conditioning
from $516.00 / night
Page 1 of 11
About Central Vermont
Visiting Central Vermont
Areas within Central Vermont
Sightseeing in Central Vermont and Things to Do
- Walking Tours: Almost nothing compares to exploring an area on foot to give you a first-hand feel and experience of your surroundings. Walking tours are available in the capital city, Montpelier, as well as Barre, Waterbury, and Waitsfield. Step out of central Vermont rentals to stroll through a walking tour. The walking tours are self-guided with brochures available to guide visitors along the streets of the cities to find local points of interest.
- Barre Opera House: While you’re in the area, make plans to catch a performance at the Barre Opera House, located in downtown Barre. Performances range widely, including modern dance, women’s barbershop groups, folk music concerts, traditional Irish music, and even stand-up comedy.
- Vermont State House: The Montpelier historic district features the Vermont State House, which is actually the third state house to occupy this location. Visitors can take a guided tour of the state house on a walk-in basis during the summer months and by appointment through the end of October. Many central Vermont real estate rental options are located in this vicinity.
- Outdoor Recreation: Families that enjoy camping and outdoor recreation might enjoy visiting Limehurst Lake, just outside Williamstown. Visitors can enjoy beautiful hiking trails as well as fishing, boat rentals, swimming, and much more.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory Tour: Anyone with a taste for cold and creamy ice cream might enjoy touring the Ben & Jerry’s factory in Waterbury. Family members of all ages can learn about the ice cream-making process while enjoying free samples during the guided tour. Save on the tour by purchasing a package deal.
Regional Foods and Dining in Central Vermont
Central Vermont Weather and Climate
When to Visit Central Vermont
- Spring Spectacular: Once the land awakes and begins producing in the spring, farmers’ markets begin bustling with farmers selling their bounty. Central Vermont boasts a plethora of farmers’ markets throughout the region.
- Savoring Summer: The fish are plentiful at the Roxbury Fish Hatchery, located south of Roxbury. Spend a summer day at this picturesque area featuring five ponds where the family can watch and feed fish.
- Fantastic Fall: Cool and crisp autumn days are the ideal time to visit the Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury Center. Watch the cider-making process come alive in the press viewing room or witness honey bees in the Honey Corner observation hive.
- Winter Wonders: The Green Mountains running through this region make it ideal for many types of winter sports, including downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowboarding, hiking, and sledding. The Millstone Hill Touring and Recreation Center, located in Websterville, boasts plenty of year-round outdoor activities for families. The company website provides online information about activities.
What is Certificate of Excellence?
TripAdvisor gives a Certificate of Excellence to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers.