The Aspen Moose Utah vacation cabin was meant for someone’s Christmas break–Dec. 21-25–but at the last minute, plans were cancelled. The would-be renters had already put down 20 percent and lost it.
Is it cruel that they won’t be opening presents in this log cabin or revving up the snowmobile? Yes, for them, sure, but that has nothing to do with you.
Like a Black Friday hunter, you’re in the holiday spirit to pounce on good deals.
This Utah vacation rental goes for just $1,400 a week. That includes no extra tax or cleaning. Yep.
What you get:
1. Space for up to 20 guests
2. A wood stove for roasting S’mores
3. A pool table, foosball table, ping pong table, Wii and Xbox
4. A log table that seats 12, plus bar seating
5. An on-site snowmobile
6. Proximity to a Deer Valley ski lift
7. A cool story: A moose gave birth just 50 feet from the deck–hence the name. No, really.
The property owners take credit cards. Do it. It’s not like you’re pushing a poor family out of their home.
Valerie Moloney is your resident blogger and the Expansion Markets Editor for Citysearch.com, who oddly enough, feels panicked when asked, "What's the best place to eat in Chicago?" or her favorite, "It's my birthday. Where should we go with a party of six?" No stranger to travel--and traveling with kids--she is a young mom who ODs on the Internet when it comes to planning family trips or buying clothes. Here's hoping she finds you the vacation you deserve.