- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $940 - $1312
- Per week:
- $6575 - $9181
4 Unknown types
Description from manager
The villa sits on the lake shore (2 levels below the road) and can be accessed by stairs or elevator. It features 4 air-conditioned bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. On the road level there is a covered parking for 2 standard cars (not suitable for vans).
* Entrance to the villa walking down from the main road to the lake level, via the covered front porch leading to the garden (from the porch 4 steps lead to the villa floor entering from the kitchen or from to the living rooms).
* Garden with outdoor furnishing, an imposing iron sculpture and a swimming pool directly facing the lake
* Spacious living room with decorative fireplace and French doors opening to the garden
* Second living room with two sofas and design steel stair leading to the upper relaxing open loft with TV
* Fully equipped kitchen opening toward the porch
* Half bathroom (near laundry room)
* Laundry room and wine cellar
Please note: from the main road level (where the car park is) it is possible to reach only the upper floor of the villa with the elevator (please note: it is not possible to reach the ground floor of the villa directly with the elevator). The villa is built on different levels, there are many steps all over the property.
Downstairs (6 steps down):
* Dining room with large table for 16 people
Upper floor (9 steps up to reach the upper floor):
* Master bedroom with spacious dressing area and en suite bathroom (5 steps up) with wooden tub and a sofabed
* Comfort double bedroom with en suite bathroom, no lake view
* Superior double bedroom with dedicated bathroom and lake view
* The 4th bedroom (Vertical Suite) is and independent unit with en suite bathroom at the lower floor; a stair leads to the upper level where beds are (doubles or twins); no lake view.
3 of the above mentioned 4 bedrooms can be fitted as doubles or twins. 3 of the above mentioned 4 bathrooms are located on the same level.
Two extra beds are available on request when booking: one single sofabed is placed in the master bedroom, the other is a lined up pouf-bed in the dressing area with wooden tub connected to the master bedroom.
* A guest apartment for 2-3 extra guests in adjacent building is available at extra charge on request when booking.
A former silk spinning mill dating back to the 17th century
Villa della Seta sits directly in front of Lake Como, in the historical center of Brienno, a small village 17 km north of Como. The villa has a unique history and special charm. It was formerly a silk mill dating back to XVII century. It had been producing silk threads until 1932. Now, it has been beautifully and thoughtfully refurbished and converted into a modern, and welcoming place to stay.
The history and the memory of the silk manufacturing are part of the villa’s present: some of its industrial heritage are today still there, blending old and new. Red bricks tiles and the ancient chimney stalk remind us of its past, while the stylish art-filled creative interiors encourage guests to unwind and feel perfectly at home.
In former times the waterfront location was a necessity, as the precious silk was loaded on large, sailing boats and led to Como's port, today thanks to its setting the villa offers spectacular views and private lake access. The peculiar design of Villa della Seta is based on stone walls, vaulted ceilings and a succession of windows affording impressive view of the lake. The villa exhibits original contemporary art works.
The villa sits on the lake shore (2 levels under the road) and can be accessed by stairs or elevator. The villa (400 sq. mt) sleeps 8+2 people in 4 air-conditioned bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It features a garden (200 sq. mt) with outdoor furnishing and a pool directly facing the lake, a porch (100 sq. mt) and direct lake access.
Upon request and for an additional rental fee, a guest apartment for 2-3 extra guests can be added bringing the total capacity of the villa to 12/13 guests. The guest apartment is located in the residential building with yellow facade, located behind the main villa.
A large open space with beautiful lake, located above the villa, view can be rented additionally. It is available on request only for our guests. It has its own access from the pedestrian road behind, sometimes it is used for practicing yoga.
On the road level there is a covered parking for 2 normal sized cars (the spaces are not suitable for vans).
Additional amenities: Airport distance:Switzerland/Lugano 50 km/1 hr Milano Malpensa 75 km/1 hr 10 min Milano Linate 80 km/1 hr 10 min Milano Orio al Serio 130 km/2 hrs, Dog welcome, Golf, Private Chef
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($2,381.14) €2,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- Housekeeping Included
- High Speed Internet
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Linen provided
- Mountain Views
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Pet Friendly
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- High chair
- Stereo system
- Washing machine
- Cycling Trips
- Horse riding
- 4 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Brienno, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.