- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $240 - $371
- Per week:
- $1675 - $2593
3 Full baths
Description from manager
Your family may fall in love with the horses on the property of this chateau in Charente, which is replete with the warmth of the countryside. You’ll stay in one wing of an updated 17th century castle, where you’ll luxuriate in king-size beds, the wood-burning fireplace in the dining room, and the pastoral views stretching out beneath the chateau.
The aquatic among you will be pleased; there is a heated swimming pool (shared with other guests), as well as a lake nearby. There’s space to relax on loungers, or you can keep to yourself on your private terrace with a view. Children are both welcome and well provided-for here. The chateau is baby-proofed, and there are toys aplenty. Older kids (and adults) will love the games room, which features ping-pong, a football table, and billiards.
The nearest town is Chalais (5 km), where you'll find a lovely Monday market. Just ask, and our concierge is happy to arrange babysitting and a wine tour for the grown-ups! Wineries dot the landscape here (grapes are grown very near the chateau!), only an hour outside of Bordeaux. Head north instead, and you'll find Cognac in about an hour, a mecca for spirited folks.
chateau is close to the vineyards, between Cognac and St Emilion and not far from the famous village of Aubeterre with its wide variety of products and crafts.
Situated on the borders of the Charente and Dordogne, this Chateau is an ideal spot to explore the beautiful countryside that this part of France has to offer.
The town of Chalais is nearby with its weekly market on Monday mornings and there are an abundance of local restaurants to suit all budgets and tastes.
For wine lovers, St Emilion is approximately a 30 minute drive away. For those who prefer spirits, Cognac is approximately an hours drive away.
For the more sporty, there are plenty of activities, with tennis courts, fishing, canoeing, river-side beaches, play parks and a recently opened karting track all close to the Chateau.
Bergerac and Bordeaux Airports are both approximately an hour drive from the Chateau.
Slightly further away but still accessible are Limoges and Poitiers Airports.
For those arriving by train, the Chateau is located just over 35 minutes south of Angouleme which has a fast TGV connection.
For those driving, the N10 motorway exit at Barbezieux is approximately 30 km from the Chateau.
- Spacious living room with a large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Free internet access and Satellite
- Kitchen which is well equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge and small freezer
- Dining table beside the fireplace (wood included)
- Bedroom 1 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and has an en-suite shower-room
- Bedroom 2 (ground floor) has a king-size bed and overlooks the lake
- Bedroom 3 again has a king-size bed and is set upstairs in the eves
- Bedroom 4 has 2 single beds 90x190 and is also upstairs in the eaves
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom.
- There is an additional family bathroom which has a corner bath, WC and basin.
- The maximum capacity of the Chateau is 8 guests.
- Large games room open for the guests with table tennis, baby foot and billiard in a very nicely decorated setting.
- Private terrace with stunning views
- Large wooden table for outdoor dining
- Private entrance to the house
- Ample parking in front of the house
- Large heated swimming pool (27 degrees) of drinking water quality and a professional automatic cleaning system, which makes the water very mild. The pool is shared with the owners and their guests.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Washing machine and dryer
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool open from April to October according to weather conditions
- Gas BBQ
- Babysitting, wine tours and horse riding tours can be arranged on request
- Owner available on site to help with any enquiries
Security deposit: €500 to be paid in cash or by credit card upon arrival.
Arrival time: Between 4.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. Please note that late arrivals will not be permitted unless agreed to in advance with the owner. A later arrival fee also applies.
Departure time: Departure: 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 a.m.
Energy costs included?: Electricity is included.
> If not included, what are they?: individually according to weather
Linen & towels included?: yes, excluding pool towels.
Pets welcome?: On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €60 per pet per week will apply (paid locally).
Changeover day: Saturday in high season. Flexible otherwise. Please enquire.
Heating costs included?: Extra €110 per week if required, payable locally. Firewood provided free of charge.
Pool heating charge?: No.
Other Ts and Cs: Please enquire for additional guests at extra cost.
End of stay cleaning included?: Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any ext
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this manager2 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con and WiFi - 5604830 Fiscardo Greece From $0/night 3 bedroom Villa with Air Con and Walk to Beach & Shops - 5806244 Porto San Paolo Italy From $0/night 2 bedroom Villa with Walk to Beach & Shops - 5743824 Baia Verde Italy From $0/night More properties from this manager
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($594.77) £466.85
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed
Bedroom 3: Full bed
Bedroom 4: Full bed
- Air conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Parking Included
- Pet Friendly
- Wheelchair users
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- 3 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Chalais, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.