- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $197 - $379
- Per week:
- $1379 - $2650
2 Full baths
Description from manager
Your family holiday should feel like home, only better. At this villa in Dordogne the owners will welcome you warmly to villa, a comfortable, cottage-style retreat. Tall windows and white painted beams overhead brighten the open living, kitchen, and dining area. Every room in the house retains an Old World feel, with stone walls and brick fireplace facades from long ago. Outside, the walled patio creates an intimate pool and dining area. The shaded terrace hosts a dining table that seats 6, meanwhile the chef of the group will be experimenting with the classic brick oven.
Friday is market day in the neighboring town of Ribérac, also known for many exquisite Romanesque churches. The other nearby town, Saint Astier, has a market full of fresh local foods every Thursday. A refreshing way to explore the nearby towns is on one of the bicycles provided at the villa.
A little farther afield, Périgueux (30 km) has heaps of historical interest - it's the site of many Roman ruins and an archaeology museum that history buffs will adore. The nearest airport is in Bergerac (44 km) - if you fly in here don't leave right away! Dozens of world-class wineries await.
villa is well-located halfway between St. Astier and Riberac, lovely archaic market towns in the department of Dordogne.
Further interesting towns standing out for their traditions and architecture and located within a driving distance include Périguex and Brantôme.
Recognised as being one of the most beautiful areas in France, it boasts an eclectic range of attractions ranging from exquisite local cuisine to outdoor pursuits such as bicycling or canoeing.
Local Activities and Amenities
Public tennis court:
- Tennis Club CAP, Perigueux
- Tennis Copo, Perigueux
- Golf in Marsac near Perigueux, 29k's approx.
- Le Lac de Jemaye at 14k's approx
L'Etang du Rosier, St. Paul de Serre, at 23k's, jet ski, pedalos, motor-trikes, waterslide, mini hovercraft and Paintball, Tel : ******* 5269.
- Brantome Canoes
- Les Canoes du Moulin, Lisle
- Canoes Bourdeilles Loisirs
- USN Canoe, Neuvic sur l'Isle
Beach: le Lac de Jemaye
- Lac de Jemaye.
- L'Etang du Rosier.
- River l'Isle
- Cycles Spad'Zone, Brantome.
- Etrier du Perigord, Champcevinel, near Perigueux, at 29k's approx
- Equitation et Centre Hippiques haras de Madreuil, Villetoureix, near Riberac at 17k's approx
- Ecuries de la Borde, La Roche Chalais
Local produce market:
- Lisle, Tuesday.
- La Tour Blanche, Wednesday.
- St. Astier, Thursday. Riberac, Friday. Perigueux, Saturday.
- Brantome/Sorges, Sunday
- La Palombier, St. AStier
- La Calzone, St. Astier
- Le Chapeau Rouge, St. Astier
- 2 chemists in St. Astier
- Several in St. Astier. Bayon, Christopher, Tel : ******* 1018.
- Charrut, Jean, Tel : ******* 1122.
- Ferrer, Francois, Tel : ******* 1122
- 3 banks in St. Astier
- St. Astier
- Perigueux, Tel : ******* 1063
Tourist attractions :
- 'L'Appel de la Foret' suitable for little Tarzans, and bigger ones, at Thenon, 60k's approx,
- Centre de Vol a Voile Perigord, Bassillac at 36k's approx - visit the Dordogne from the sky
- Brantome at 39k's, 'Le Venise du Perigord', just a charming little town, surrounded by the River Dronne.
- Perigueux at 32k's - Gallo/Roman and Rennaissance town with architectural features, museums and pedestrian ways.
Public Gardens to visit :
- Les Jardins de l'Imaginaire, Terrasson
- Les Jardins de l'au-dela, Brantome
- Jardins de l'abbaye, Brantome
- Jardins du Chateau de Hautefort, Hautefort
- Jardin du Chateau de Jumilhac, Jumilhac le Grand
- Jardin du Chateau de Mellet, Neuvic sur l'Isle
- 'Le Village', Chateau Leveque
- Le Reservoir, Perigueux,, live pop and rock gigs
- Entrance into open-plan kitchen
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- 1 double bedroom with shower room
- Separate WC
- Terrace and back hallway leading to pool area
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 family bedroom with double bed and extra single bed
- Shower rooms
- Heated pool with ladder steps and alarm system (size: 6.5x3 m / depth: 1.2-1.5 m)
- Enclosed pool area
- Built-in BBQ
- WC and sink
- Covered terrace
- A/C throughout
- Astra Satellite TV
- High chair and cot
- Gas hob
- Electric oven
- Washing Machine
- 5 bikes
- Tennis table
- Table football
Security deposit: €500 per week to be paid by credit card prior to arrival.
Arrival time: Between 16.00 and 18.00 (If you are unable to do so please contact owner to advise estimated time of arrival)
Departure time: Before 10.00 a.m.
Pool heating charge?: The pool is heated free of charge from May to October. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatur
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this manager3 bedroom Apartment with WiFi and Walk to Beach & Shops - 5699365 Saint-Jean-de-Luz France From $0/night 4 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con, WiFi and Walk to Shops - 5026954 Zminj Croatia From $0/night 3 bedroom Villa with Pool and WiFi - 5029058 Pasito Blanco Spain From $215.03/night More properties from this manager
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($582.49) £460.50
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed
Bedroom 3: Full bed
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- 2 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Chanterac, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews (1)
– based on 1 review