- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $1137 - $1364
- Per week:
- $7953 - $9542
6 Full baths
Description from manager
With style reminiscent of a miniature Versailles, this striking chateau in Normandy conjures the grandeur of the 17th and 18th centuries from the moment you approach it through the tree-lined driveway. The chateau effortlessly combines classic touches (from the stonework in the garden to the Aubusson carpets and even an original c17th backgammon set), with the modern amenities you expect, such as jetted tubs, Nespresso machine, widescreen TV (with Netflix and DVD) and the heated pool, to name just a few.
This is no dark and dreary castle - large windows on both sides of the chateau let light stream in throughout the day. Sportsmen and women can compete on the private tennis court, do some laps in the pool, fish in the moat, and bicycles are also available for anyone wanting to leave the extensive grounds. The beach at Fontenay-Sur-Mer for example is within easy biking distance.
Through the gardens, 100m away from the main chateau, is a separate cottage that’s perfect for a small family who prefers more privacy.
Here, your family chateau holiday includes the best of both worlds: peaceful French countryside, with access to historic sites. Only 15 minutes away WWII history comes to life in the town of Sainte-Mère-Église and Utah Beach, the site of the D-Day landing. Cherbourg & Caen are the nearest port and airport, but it is also convenient to drive from Paris, just 3 hours away.
Please note this property is available for groups of up to 14 guests when renting the chateau and the cottage. For smaller parties of up to 10 guests, the chateau on its own can be rented at a reduced price.
chateau lies in the heart of the wild and beautiful Cotentin Peninsula area in Normandy, in Fontenay-sur-Mer, 300km west of Paris. The closest train station is Valognes (12 km).
You can discover and enjoy the local area by walking or biking through the beautiful and peaceful countryside. There are many bikes available at the chateau (free of charge) so we recommend exploring the local area this way as the roads are so quiet.
During your stay you should visit the historic town of Valognes, particularly the Hotel de Beaumont and the famous Cider Museum. Here you will find everything you need during your stay (supermarket, shops, restaurants etc) and it is only ten minutes drive away from the chateau.
The chateau is 3 miles from the beach and an 18 hole golf course created 30 years ago by the father of the current owner of the chateau!
There are also several riding clubs around where lessons or private hire can be organised.
- 5 mins to sandy beaches
- 15 mins to the D-DAY BEACHES (Utah Beach)
- 15 min to world renowned village Sainte-Mere-Eglise
- 1.5 hours to the Mont St Michel
- 45 mins to The Bayeux Tapestry.
- 2 hours to Honfleur.
- 2 hours to Gardens at Giverny (Monet).
- 2 hours to Rouen.
- 3 hours to Paris by car or train.
chateau, Sleeps 14: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
- A large kitchen (50 m²) equipped with two electrical ovens, 3 electric halogens hot plates, an electric plancha, full height refrigerator with freezer compartment, dishwasher and lots of cooking equipment. Sufficient crockery, silverware and glassware for the rental capacity; kitchen table for up to 10 and a bar counter for up to 5.
- A pantry with sink, kitchen table, Nespresso machine
- A Boiler room
- A Mud Room with hangers and bench
- A large TV/Playroom (65 m²) with satellite TV, DVD-player, Hi-Fi, bookshelves, Wi-Fi, two Chesterfield sofas, armchairs, games table (some DVDs & English books are available).
- A large Louis XIII dining room (50m²) with a maximum capacity of 14/18. Kitchenware is furnished for to cater for the maximum capacity.
- A small dining/breakfast room for up to 8 is equipped with dishwasher, 2 hot plates, sink, microwave, refrigerator,toaster, coffee and Nespresso machine and crockery.
- A large Regency bedroom (30 m²) with a double bed (140x190), shower, toilet and a small hand basin.
- A cloakroom with phone, Wi-Fi printer, umbrellas and cupboard with numerous regional guides.
- A large guest WC with double sinks, cupboard with numerous vases.
- A large blue Louis XV Drawing Room (50 m²) with meridienne, armchairs, game table and Piano forte (not tuned!). A great spot for a gin and tonic pre-dinner!
- A Louis XIII library/drawing room (45 m²) with sofa, armchairs, desk, tapestry, bar, Hi-FI.
- A large double en-suite bedroom (30 m²) with a double bed (140x200) with bathroom with double sinks, separate shower, Jacuzzi bathtub and WC.
- Two single bedrooms: each with a 100 x 190cm bed, one with a shower and hand basin; one with a bidet and hand basin.
- A laundry room with washing machine, dryer, ironing table.
- A large double en-suite bedroom (35m²) with a 140x200 electrical bed and bathroom with bathtub, separate shower, WC, and en-suite dressing room, mini TV (only local channels).
- A twin bedroom (25 m²), with two single beds 90x200 which
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this manager4 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con, WiFi and Walk to Shops - 5697844 Playa de Cura Spain From $552.64/night 2 bedroom Villa with Air Con and WiFi - 5698706 Montana La Data Spain From $0/night 3 bedroom Villa with Air Con and Walk to Beach & Shops - 5576971 Puntaldia Italy From $0/night More properties from this manager
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($2,543.28) £2,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed
Bedroom 3: Full bed
Bedroom 4: Full bed
Bedroom 5: Full bed
Bedroom 6: Full bed
Bedroom 7: Full bed
Bedroom 8: Full bed
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- DVD player
- 6 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Fontenay-sur-Mer, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.