- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $211 - $666
- Per week:
- $776 - $2251
1 Shower, 1 Unknown type
Description from manager
A fabulous former village school converted to provide luxury three bedroom accommodation in this charming village with stunning long-distance views and offering a suite for those with mobility issues.Ground Floor
There is an entrance porch, which leads to the good size sitting room with wood effect flooring, TV with Freeview and a Blu-ray player and comfortable seating.
The stylish kitchen is cream painted with luxe granite work surfaces and is very well equipped with an electric oven and hob, a separate combined microwave/oven, dishwasher and washing machine/dryer. There is a dining area with renovated pews which allows families and friends to sit and enjoy a glass of wine, so the cook can have company whilst meals are prepared!
There is a fully-equipped ground floor bedroom with a large en-suite shower room with wet room, WC and hand wash basin.
Upstairs are two lovely bedrooms, a double bedroom with a king size bed and an en-suite shower room with shower, WC and hand wash basin; the twin bedroom has two full size single beds, plus a smart en-suite bathroom with bath, shower over, WC and hand wash basin.
To the outside is a flagged area with table and chairs where you can sit and look out over the valley with its spectacular views. The property is surrounded by gorgeous rolling countryside.
Amenities: Underfloor heating.
Electric oven, hob, additional microwave/oven, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, Blu-ray, WiFi.
Bed linens and towels inc. in rent.
Cot and highchair available on request.
Dedicated car parking space for one car.
Flagged patio area with furniture.
Sorry, no pets.
Pub 5 mins’ walk, Whitby 7 miles.
Note: Access details to the property are as follows:
• Sunday Cottage has one car parking space which is clearly marked with a blue badge sign. The property is accessed from the car park by either the access ramp or the 9 steps at the side of the ramp. Once you are at the top of the ramp, Sunday Cottage is to the rear of Limber View.
• Ings Terrace is off Front Street, halfway up the bank, on the left when you leave Grosmont railway station.
• Front Street is a steep road with a gradiant of 25%. Ings terrace has a 1 in 10 incline.
• Grosmont station is the northern station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and also on the national railway Esk Valley Railway line.
• The nearest bus stop is at the railway station and is the Esk Valley hopper that travels hourly from Whitby through Grosmont to North Yorkshire Moors National Parks Centre at Danby.
• Our local accessible taxi company is Harrison's Taxi's on ************ or ************
• There is no public phone at Sunday Cottage. Vodafone reception is good but other mobile networks are very limited.
Car Parking and Arrival
• Sunday Cottage has a parking space for one car which is designated with a sign. If you bring more than one car, we would respectfully ask you to park the second vehicle in the public car park at the railway station or further down the village and respect the parking on Ings Terrace which is for the local residents of Ings Terrace only.
• From the car park area go up Ings Terrace to the bottom of the access ramp, a distance of 11.5 metres.
• We are sure that the residents of Ings Terrace would not mind using the ramp base as a dropping off point. Please park your car as soon as possible after dropping off.
• The access ramp to the main level patio area is 19 meters long, with a 1 in 12 gradient. 10 metres up there is a half landing which forms a 180 degree turn.
• At the top of the ramp turn 180 degrees right onto the main patio level, then travel past Limber View and turn left. Sunday Cottage entrance is 25 metres from the top of the ramp.
Note: For full details about the facilities available for guests with mobility issues, please contact Sykes/Yorkshire Coastal Cottages to discuss your specific requirements. If you need to use these facilities, please let us know when you book as the owner will meet guests on arrival. We would regretfully like to point out that the kitchen area at Sunday Cottage is not to M3 accessible standard.
Town: The pretty village of Grosmont sits at the junction of the River Esk and Murk Esk in the midst of striking North Yorkshire Moors scenery. The area is characterised by its narrow roads, steep hills and scenic views over valleys of patchwork fields and wide-open expanses of moorland. Grosmont itself lies in the ‘Heartbeat Country’ and is famous for being the home of the North York Moors Steam Railway. The Railway has been preserved and run by enthusiasts since 1973 and today carries upwards of ******* passengers a year. The village has a general store, post office, book shop, art gallery, cafes and a pub. It makes a great base for exploring the many pretty farming villages along the Esk Valley and the wider North York Moors National Park, as well as the North Yorkshire Coastline with characterful harbour towns and villages.
Read more Read less
Sykes Holiday Cottages
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English
About the manager
Sykes Holiday Cottages are specialists in cottage holidays. On our website, you will find more than 17,000 cottages across the UK that you can be rent for your perfect self catering holiday. Sykes Holiday Cottages offer properties all over the UK and Ireland. For more information on Sykes Holiday Co...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this managerSmuggler's Cottage, Mevagissey Mevagissey United Kingdom From $275.48/night CHESTER HOUSE, woodburners, underfloor heating, near Alston Westgate United Kingdom From $359.5/night PRESWYLFA APARTMENT, Conservatory, En-suites, WiFi, Caernarfon Caernarfon United Kingdom From $123.96/night More properties from this manager
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Parking Included
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- 1 Shower
- 1 Unknown type
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Grosmont, United Kingdom Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.