- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $185 - $400
- Per week:
- $1291 - $2797
1 Full bath
Description from manager
This villa in the Dordogne may just change your perspective. Set on top of a hill in the rolling French countryside, just outside of Sainte Alvere, here you can escape completely if you wish. You’ll enter beneath a picture-perfect arbor, and inside the home exudes that same sense of rustic, holiday villa comfort.
The open first floor includes the kitchen, dining room, and living room, all with the same old stone walls. Take the wooden spiral staircase up to the bedrooms, where the farmhouse feel is even more apparent. Here you can hide away and read under peaceful, age-old wooden beams.
If your family holiday takes you exploring, the Dordogne region hides tiny villages everywhere, tucked between the hills. For more metropolitan pleasures a trip 40 minutes north to the Périgueux Market is worth it. Here you’ll find stunning variety of fresh produce, bread, cheese, even foie gras. While you’re there, visit the Vesunna Gallo-Roman Museum, where you can learn about archaeology in action.
The best part - you're in the Bergerac wine region! 35 km away you'll find not only dozens of wineries, but also the region's conveniently located airport. And don't worry - Bordeaux isn't far either!
The Dordogne area of France is one of the most beautiful and one of the most popular. It has lovely countryside interspersed with medieval, bastide towns where fairytale châteaux rise from the morning mist - it is also a great region for food lovers: all the Perigordian specialities such as Foie Gras, confit d'oie, canard and mushrooms of all types are in abundance.
The villa benefits from a strategic location in a gorgeous hamlet in the heart of the exclusive Dordogne valley. The closest villages are Saint Alvere (4 km), and Tremolat (8 km).
Here, you will find a plethora of excellent restaurants and lively cafe's as well as sport facilities ranging from tennis and basketball courts, to golf courses, horse-riding centres and swimming pools.
The whole area swarms of tourist attractions and entertaining activities including wine-tasting tours, cruises down the Dordogne river, public gardens and many others.
The Bergerac airport is also conveniently located at approximately 34 km.
Local Activities and Amenities
- Public tennis court: St. Alvere
- Golf: Golf Club Chateau les Merles, Mouleydier (22km)
- Water sports: Aqua Parc Juniorland, Bergerac: 4 swimming pools, Jacuzzi, solarium, VTT, mini-moto et quad etc. Tel : ******* 3300 / Sport Nautique de Bergerac, Tel : ******* 8502 / Bassin Nautique de Tremolat at 8km.
- Water skiing: Tel : ******* 5994 / Les Etangs de Bos, Audrix, Le Bugue sur Vezere (28k's approx.) Aquatic games and trampoline, 4 toboggans, pedalos, snack bar etc. / Parc de Loisirs Neufont, St. Amand, 11 hectares of woodland, 4 hectares of lake, fishing, safe swimming, cafe, beaches. Tel : ******* 9390
- Beach: Lac de Neufont, St. Amand de Vergt (21km). Lac de Tremolat
- Fishing: River Dordogne. Permits are available in local bars, shops etc.
- Horse riding: Centre Equestre la Cavale, Haras de Valences, Eyrenville. (39km), Tel : ******* 3091. Club Hippique de Bergerac, 118 Rte. Ste. Alvere, Creysse. Tel : ******* 7716. La Jumenterie Equitation, Rouffignac de Sigoules, (42k's), Tel : ******* 4298
- Local markets: Vergt - Friday. Tremolat - Tuesday. Bergerac - Wednesday and Saturday. Perigueux - everyday, but bigger markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Restaurant: Bistrot d'en Face, Tremolat, Tel : ******* 8069.
Vieux Logis, Relais Chateaux, Tremolat, Tel : ******* 8006.
Or for wonderful views as well (in fact you'll probably want to eat here everyday of your holiday!)
Ferme Auberge de Tremolat, Tel : ******* 8384.
'Chez Cathy', Ste. Foy de Longas, Tel: ******* 7631 (must book)
- Pharmacy: Ste. Alvere, Tel : ******* 7011
- Doctor: Group Medicale St. Luc et Damien, Chemin Sadrots, Ste. Alvere Tel : ******* 7334/********
Bank: Ste. Alvere
- Cash machine: Ste. Alvere
- Tourist information: Ste. Alvere, Tel : ******* 5999
- Boulangerie: Tremolat (5km) and Ste Alvere (5km)
- Vineyard: Perigord
- Entrance into open-plan kitchen
- Living and dining room
- Spiral staircase to upper floor
- 1 bedroom with queen size bed
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom
- Bathroom with separate shower
- Separate WC
- Pool with roman steps (size: 13x6.5 m / depth: 1-2 m) and alarm system.
- Pool terrace with sunbeds and umbrellas
- Satellite TV with English channels
- High chair and cot
- Gas hob
- Electric hoven
- Washing machine
- Table tennis
- Lovely countryside views
Security deposit: €500 per week charged to clients’ credit card prior to arrival.
Arrival time: between 16:00 and 18:00. (If you are unable to do so it is imperative to contact the owner to advise estimated time of arrival)
Departure time: before 10.00 a.m.
Linen & towels included?: Yes, excluding pool towels
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($585.55) £467.00
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed
Bedroom 3: Full bed
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- DVD player
- 1 Full bath
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Pezuls, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.