- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $885 - $1585
- Per week:
- $6195 - $11094
5 Full baths
Description from manager
Walled gardens with play areas, a heated pool and chef and maid service: chateau, a luxury chateau in the Dordogne, is the ideal holiday rental for large families or private parties. The three-acre grounds include a bamboo forest and several planted gardens, including a tropical theme near the pool’s Bali-style pergola with sound system.
From the large oak doors to antique French furniture, this chateau exudes grandeur. The expansive house sleeps 12-16. Several bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, renovated to retain their historic character, and others can be either twins or doubles depending on your needs. You’ll love the elegance of the drawing room with a Louis XIV card table and its proximity to the music room/library and children’s playroom, for careful monitoring. The house is well kitted out for tiny tots, including a mobile playpen, booster seats, and children’s cutlery.
This area is perfect for water adventures, with canoe rental (5 min. away), a water park (20 min.), and a sandy beach at Lac Jemaye (15 min.). The chateau is only 1 km from Riberac, where the Friday market has children’s activities. Fly into Bordeaux (an hour’s drive) or Bergerac (35 min.), and arrange taxi service through our concierge.
Good news! For a little extra, this property can be booked as a Vill’otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It’s the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What can be arranged?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
There are numerous childrens activities in and around the surrounding areas that are not age restricted. Canoeing is 5 minutes away but restricts the age of participants to a minimum of 3; this is the case with all canoeing in the Dordogne.
Within a 5 to 20 minute drive:
- The town of Riberac has a very well organized water activity centre for days out on the river. 5 minutes away from the house.
- There is an equestrian centre close by and hacks are organized on a daily basis.
- There are bicycles at the house but in the case of larger numbers or bicycles with children’s trailers, there is a local hire shop with a large selection and at a reasonable price.
- The town of Riberac has six municipal tennis courts that are maintained to immaculate standards.
- Lake Jamaye is less than 15 minutes away from the house and has a beautifully maintained sandy beach with free boating activities, a floating raft, two play areas with swings and climbing apparatus, sand pits and slides. There are quite nice restaurants/bistros at the site if you haven’t arranged a picnic. There is also a volleyball area and beautiful walks around the lake.
- The beautiful town of Aubterre is very close and makes for a splendid excursion. There is a leisure complex at the river’s edge and a controlled swimming area with diving boards, boating activities, restaurants and even a monolithic cathedral carved secretly into the mountainside in the centre of the town. You could always visit the glass blowing factory afterwards. The town is lovely and boasts superb restaurants and snack bars making it a perfect venue for a day out.
- The town of Brantome, called the Venice of the Dordogne, boasts a wonderful church cut into the mountain side, numerous water activities, glass blowing factory, riverside walks and some of the best restaurants in the Dordogne. Just 10 minutes away there is the wonderful cave at Villars with its historic cave drawings, stalactites and stalagmites.
- Less than 20 minutes away is a lovely water park with slides, go-carts, boating, trampolines, swings, swimming areas and a children’s adventure playground.
- There are numerous world famous prehistoric caves and the Dordogne is at the very centre of these, at less than 40 minutes away.
- For the more adventurous there is a harnessed tree climbing activity site.
- Although markets are, traditionally, the love of adults, the market at Riberac (every Friday) has terrific children’s activities within it. There are usually roaming knights enacting the crusade paths that passed through the Dordogne on their way to Arabia and all sorts of hurdy gurdies, jugglers and balloon artists - a lovely family day out.
- Adults may wish to take in a concert, a myriad of which occur to all tastes throughout the summer. There are baroque evenings, jazz nights and many other things to do - antique street markets, night markets and organized town street parties, for example.
- There are several pizza houses and restaurants which all accept children.
National carriers all fly to Bordeaux, which is just over an hour away, but there are numerous alternatives which are much closer. Easyjet, Flybe and Ryanair fly into Bergerac, which is just 35 minutes from the house. There is a free shuttle service available into Riberac, alternatively a taxi service can be arranged though our concierge service.
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this manager7 bedroom Villa with Air Con, WiFi and Walk to Beach & Shops - 5247653 San Donato Italy From $0/night 3 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con and WiFi - 5455745 Pollenca Spain From $0/night 16 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con and WiFi - 5804860 Sarrians France From $0/night More properties from this manager
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($1,176.05) £930.90
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Full bed
Bedroom 3: Full bed
Bedroom 4: Full bed
Bedroom 5: Full bed
Bedroom 6: Full bed
Bedroom 7: Full bed
Bedroom 8: Full bed
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- 5 Full baths
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Saint-Martin-de-Ribérac, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.