- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $186 - $300
- Per week:
- $1300 - $2098
1 Full bath
Description from manager
You’ll write your own fairy tale from this petite villa in Dordogne. Perfect for a couple on honeymoon, this stone cottage can be a romantic retreat, or just the beginning of the day’s adventures.
After dinner on the covered terrace, the patio leads down to a private Roman-style pool and hot tub for deep relaxation. When it gets late, you’ll retire to the cosy, intimate cottage, bathed in warm light - where lovely memories are waiting to happen.
In the morning if you’d like a refreshing way to explore the local area, take the bikes! Breath-taking scenery and quaint towns are everywhere in Dordogne. Sainte Alvère is the nearest small town (5 km), where you’ll find tennis courts and several restaurants.
To make the most of the region, head to Bergerac (30 km), which sits on the river Dordogne. Here you can learn the history of the region’s wine and tobacco cultivation, and (of course) set off on a world-class wine tour. Dozens of wineries are gathered here - though true oenophiles may also travel to Bordeaux, less than 2 hours away. There's certainly no better way to celebrate love on your villa holiday than with great French wine.
The property is set in the well-known Dordogne region in South of France, a few kms from the towns of Saint Alvère and St Félix de Villadeix.
Here, you will find a plethora of excellent restaurants and lively cafe's as well as sport facilities ranging from tennis and basketball courts, to golf courses, horse-riding centres and swimming pools.
The whole area swarms of tourist attractions and entertaining activities including wine-tasting tours, cruises down the Dordogne river, public gardens and many others.
The Bergerac airport is also conveniently located at approximately 35 km.
Local Activities and Amenities
- Two courts in Sainte Alvère
- Golf Club Chateau les Merles, Mouleydier.
- Watersports: Aqua Parc Juniorland, Bergerac : 4 swimming pools, jacuzzi, solarium, VTT, mini-moto et quad etc. / Sport Nautique de Bergerac /Bassin Nautique de Tremolat at 10k's - water skiing. / Les Etangs de Bos, Audrix, Le Bugue sur Vezere (28k's approx.) Aquatic games and trampoline, 4 toboggans, pedalos, snack bar etc.
- Parc de Loisirs Neufont, St. Amand, 11 hectares of woodland, 4 hectares of lake, fishing, safe swimming, beaches, cafe, free shady parking.
- Beach: Parc de Loisirs Neufont. Tremolat. The River Dordogne.
- Fishing: Lake or river fishing - the River Dordogne
- Horse riding: Centre Equestre la Cavale, Haras de Valences, Eyrenville. / Club Hippique de Bergerac, 118 Rte. Ste. Alvere, Creysse. / La Jumenterie Equitation, Rouffignac de Sigoules
- Local produce market: Vergt - Friday /Tremolat - Tuesday / Bergerac - Wednesday and Saturday / Perigueux - everyday, but bigger markets Wednesday and Saturdays.
- Restaurants: 'Chez Cathy', Ste. Foy de Longas (must book) / Bistrot d'en Face, Tremolat / Vieux Logis, Relais Chateaux, Tremolat. Or for wonderful views as well (in fact you'll probably want to eat here everyday of your holiday!) Ferme Auberge de Tremolat.
- Pharmacy: Sainte Alvère
- Bank: Sainte Alvère
- Cash machine: Sainte Alvère
- Tourist information: Bergerac. Le Bugue.
-Tourist attractions :
Maison des Vins de Bergerac, Route des Vins de Bergerac. 126 producers, visites and degustation.
Gabarres de Bergerac, Sail down the River Dordogne, enjoy the countryside in a more relaxing way!
Aquarium du Perigord Noir, Le Bugue (20k's approx.) 3,******* litres of water, 6,000 species!
Abri Prehistorique de Cap Blanc Marquay, Les Eyzies (30k's approx) the only frieze of prehistoric sculptures in the world to be shown to the public. (UNESCO)
'Airparc Perigord', St. Vincent de Cosse
- Entrance by covered terrace
- Open-plan fully equipped kitchen
- Dining and living area with stairs to bedroom
- 1 bedroom with queen-size bed and bathroom
- Separate W.C
- Swimming pool with Roman steps and alarm system (size: 11 x 5.5 m / depth: 0.2 m - 0.8 m)
- Jacuzzy-style Spa
- Covered terrace
- Pool terrace
- Private garden with shaded trees
- Internet broadband access
- Central heating
- Built-in BBQ
- Satellite TV (with BBC world and Sky News channels)
- DVD player
- Cot & High chair
- Washing machine
- Electric oven
- Gas hob
- 2 "VTT" style bikes
Security deposit: €400 (€600 if pets) charged to client's credit card prior to arrival and returned approximately after departure subject to full damage inspection.
Arrival time: Between 4.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. (Early/Late arrivals by special arrangement only).
Departure time: Before 10.00 a.m. (Later departures by special arrangement only).
Linen & towels included?: Yes, excluding pool towels.
Pets welcome?: Yes, subject to paying a higher security deposit (see above).
Heating costs included?: No (cost according to the amount used).
Insurance: Adequate travel insurance is required.
End of stay cleaning included?: No, extra
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish
About the manager
Founded in 2011, Travelopo is a globally recognised holiday rentals specialist, working with the most comprehensive and trusted network of established property managers and local agents across the globe to provide a reliable and relaxing booking experience for every type of traveler. Our impressive...View manager's full profile
Other properties from this manager6 bedroom Villa with Air Con, WiFi and Walk to Beach & Shops - 5698212 Calpe Spain From $590.46/night 4 bedroom Villa with Pool, Air Con, WiFi and Walk to Shops - 5793387 Porreres Spain From $0/night 2 bedroom Apartment with Air Con and WiFi - 5699622 San-Nicolao France From $0/night More properties from this manager
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($703.19) £558.54
- Please contact the owner
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
- High Speed Internet
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Pet Friendly
- DVD player
- Satellite TV
- 1 Full bath
Reviews for this vacation home rental in Sainte-Foy-de-Longas, France Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.