- Pets allowed:
- Wi-Fi available:
- Per night:
- $4261 - $5013
- Per week:
- $29823 - $35085
10 Unknown types
Description from manager
* Large foyer
* Living room with open fireplace and doors opening onto the lawn with views of the lake
* Formal dining room
* Large kitchen
* Guest toilet
* Spacious (85 sqm) play room/closed veranda with table tennis, table-football, fireplace
* Upon request and at extra charge a double bedroom with bathroom (shower) is available at the ground floor (the window of this bedroom opens to the play room).
First floor (3 bedrooms, 3 baths; sleeps 6):
* Yellow king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
* Pink king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
* Ivory king bedroom with views overlooking the rear park and en suite bathroom (bathtub)
Second floor (2 bedrooms, 2 baths; sleeps 4):
* Pink king bedroom with views overlooking the lake and bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
* Ivory king bedroom with bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
* Game room with billiard table and stunning lake view
Third floor (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms; sleeps 6):
* Light blue king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
* Orange king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
* Green king bedroom with garden view and en suite bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
* Two additional beds might be placed in the bedrooms of this floor (to be requested upon booking).
* This level was once the servants' quarters, the furnishings and layout are less elegant than the other floors.
Dependance (sleeps 2):
* A small and simply furnished ground-floor bedroom with private bathroom is located a few metres from the villa which is available for additional guests (to be requested upon booking). It is not air-conditioned but is ideal for someone who can walk up only a partial flight of stairs, since there is no elevator in Villa Camilla.
* Large garden
* Private tennis court
* Landing stage and buoy on the shore
A glamorous place
This outstanding 19th century villa is set on five acres of private gardens with a swimming pool, a tennis court, superb lake views and a private mooring in front of the villa. Villa Camilla faces southeast, halfway up the lake, providing a superb view of the three arms of Lake Como and the beautiful mountains across the lake. The large garden has well-kept lawns, ancient sequoias, cedars, oaks, magnolias and palms.
A road runs right along the shore of Lake Como in this area, so the villa is not directly on the lake, but is directly across the road from the lake and across from the private landing. A gate and sweeping lawns lead from the lake road up to the villa.
The interior of the villa is spacious, with shining floors and a sweeping staircase connecting the floors. Recently restored, Villa Camilla maintains its traditional atmosphere. Each bedroom has its own modern bathroom. It sleeps 16 people; two or eventually four extra beds may be available additionally.
Enter the villa into a grand foyer that will make you feel as if you’ve gone back in time. The living room is large and bright, with a fireplace and plenty of comfortable seating. A dining table sits by doors that take you into the outside space. Children will love the spacious playroom with a table tennis table and table football. Also on the ground floor is a double en suite bedroom, designed for guests with restricted mobility (available on special request).
Over the further three floors are another eight double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. All are large, bright and furnished with the attention to detail and style. Three of the en suite bathrooms also feature Jacuzzi-style bathtubs for ultimate relaxation. Also offering you the chance to unwind is a games room with billiards table and wonderful lake views from its numerous large windows.
A separate annexe a few metres from the villa can accommodate an additional two guests with a simply styled double bedroom and bathroom.
Villa Camilla is lovely for large groups and weddings because of its size and romantic setting. It is also great for family reunions and groups of friends. All of the king beds can be separated into twins, making this villa totally flexible for couples or singles in any combination.
Larger groups can rent Villa Camilla with the adjacent property La Dolce (also featured in our portfolio). Rented together the properties can accommodate up to a total of 28 guests.
Villa Camilla is an ideal location for relaxing or taking day trips around the lake, into the mountains, southern Switzerland, Como or Milan. Bicycle rentals, motorboat rentals, waterskiing and pitch-and-putt are available in Menaggio, 10 minutes away. Windsurfing is available in Menaggio, Colico and Cremia. In Menaggio you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area; the closest is just 20 minutes away. Horseback riding facilities also are within 20 minutes.
Read more Read less
- Years listed:
Languages spoken: English, German, Italian
About the manager
Are you planning to travel to Italy as a couple or with a group of family and friends? Are you looking to rent a house? In search of that special atmosphere? A place that combines the poetry of yesterday and the comfort of today? At Hidden Italy you will find it. Hidden Italy is a small and personal...View manager's full profile
This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
Damage deposit: ($3,242.11) €3,000.00
- Please contact the owner
- Air conditioning
- Private garden
- Housekeeping Included
- High Speed Internet
- Linen provided
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Parking Included
- Secure parking
- Pet Friendly
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Staffed property
- Towels provided
- Wi-Fi available
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes dryer
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- Boat available
- Cycling Trips
- Water sports
- Pool or snooker table
- 10 Unknown types
Reviews for this vacation home rental in San Siro, Italy Have you been a guest of this property? Reviews
Help other travelers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Vacation Home Rentals is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.